Springfield Writer’s Guild, Sleuths’ Ink, and Ozarks Romance Authors are pleased to present the second annual Between the Pages Writers Con, June 9-11, 2023. Join us for an exciting lineup of guest speakers, workshops, and the opportunity to network with industry professionals.
Tentative 2023 Conference Itinerary
Specific workshops and times TBD
Friday, June 9
- Bookstore setup 1 to 4 – Early registration all afternoon: Possible agent/editor pitches or afternoon workshop at 4:00 to 5:00?
- 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. – Rathdangan 1– Early registration closes at 6:00.
- 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. – Rathdangan 1– Meet and greet mixer (hors d’ oeuvres & cash bar). Meet the keynote and other speakers. Cash bar opens at 6:30.
Saturday, June 10
- 6:45 to 8:20 – Registration and continental breakfast. (Book Room, Glendalough 1a, b & c, will open at 9:00 and will be open all day. Some authors may be present at times during the day.)
- 8:30 to 8:45 – Welcome – Glendalough 2 &3
9:00 – Headshots start and continue throughout the morning in Aleck Scott (7-minute sessions. Please be on time.)
- 8:45 to 9:30 – Keynote Glendalough 2 & 3
- 9:40 to 10:40 – Breakout sessions/workshops
- 10:50 to 11:50 – Breakout sessions/workshops
- 11:50 – 1:00 Lunch
- 1:00 to 2:00 – Breakout sessions/workshops
- 2:10 to 3:10 – Breakout sessions/workshops
- 3:10 to 4:00 – Panel Discussion – Glendalough 2 & 3 –(check out book room, closes at 5:00)
- 4:10 to 5:15 – Book Signing – Glendalough 1a, b & c
- 7:00 p.m. cash bar opens Glendalough 2 &3
- 7:30 Dinner Glendalough 2 & 3 – Cash bar will stay open throughout the evening. Door prizes will be distributed. (Extra tickets for door prizes will be for sale. 1 for $1, 5 for $4, 7 for $5, 10 for
Sunday, June 11
- 8:00 to 9:30 a.m. Glendalough 2 & 3 – Breakfast and Awards
- 9:30 to 10:45 – Bernhardt workshop
- 10:45 – Thank you announcements and farewell until 2024
- Hotel checkout 1:00 p.m.
In 1943, a few local writers from southwest Missouri decided a writers’ group was needed. The Springfield Writers’ Guild (SWG) was formed with the first president being Donna Ashworth Thompson. It is one of the first chapters of the Missouri Writers’ Guild (MWG) which was founded in 1915 by Walter Williams, the founder of the University of Missouri’s School of Journalism in Columbia, MO. There are sister chapters all over the state. The SWG operates as a non-profit organization under the State of Missouri with a license that is renewed bi-annually.
The goals of the Guild are simple. To promote the craft of writing we will:
- Encourage local writers in their craft.
- Provide mutual support among members.
- Encourage aspiring writers to become published writers.
- Encourage writers in the marketing of their literary material for payment.
The Guild accomplishes these purposes by emphasizing mentoring, genre interest, motivation, publishing, and writing skills.
About Sleuths’ Ink
Sleuths’ Ink began in 1996 when a group of mystery writers decided they needed a forum for their specific genre. Since its inception, the group has hosted a variety of speakers, including forensic personnel, law enforcement, criminals, forensic specialists, mystery writers and more.
Sleuths’ Ink Mystery Writers is a nonprofit organization.
About Ozarks Romance Authors
ORA was established in 1987. Today, we proudly embrace the legacy established by our founding mother, Weta Nichols, and are glad to offer an encouraging place for local authors to gather, share, and network.
Our members can be found across a multitude of genres, including mystery, mainstream, Christian romance, inspirational, YA, paranormal, sci-fi, memoirs, non-fiction and many more. Naturally, we welcome romance writers of all subgenres and heat levels. Whether you like it sweet or raunchy, you have a home at ORA.
ORA meets on the first Saturday of the month, hosting guest speakers who offer information about numerous facets of the industry. Our presenters include published authors, acquiring editors and agents, self-publishing gurus, special-interest experts, marketing specialists, and more.