Springfield Writer’s Guild, Sleuths’ Ink, and Ozarks Romance Authors are pleased to present the first annual Between the Pages Writers Con, June 18-20, 2022. Join us for an exciting lineup of guest speakers, workshops, and the opportunity to network with industry professionals.
Specific workshops and times TBA
Friday, June 18
- 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. – Registration. Meet the keynote and other speakers from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. at our meet and greet mixer (hors d’ oeuvres & cash bar)
Saturday, June 19
- 7:00 to 8:45 – Registration and continental breakfast (times to check out the authors book signings to be announced)
- 8:45 – Welcome
- 9:00 to 9:45 – Keynote
- 10:00 to 10:45 – Breakout sessions/workshops
- 11:00 to 11:45 – Breakout sessions/workshops
- Head shots and pitch sessions throughout the day (schedule as needed)
- 11:45 to 1:15 Lunch (not provided)
- 1:15 to 2:00 Breakout sessions/workshops
- 2:15 to 3.00 – Breakout sessions/workshops
- 3.15 to 4:00 – Panel discussion
- 4:10 to 5:10 – Book signing
- 6:30 p.m. cash bar opens
- 7:00 mystery dinner
Sunday, June 20
- 9:00 to 10:30 a.m. breakfast, awards and door prizes
- Hotel checkout 1:00 p.m.
In 1943, a few local writers from southwest Missouri decided a writers’ group was needed. The Springfield Writers’ Guild (SWG) was formed with the first president being Donna Ashworth Thompson. It is one of the first chapters of the Missouri Writers’ Guild (MWG) which was founded in 1915 by Walter Williams, the founder of the University of Missouri’s School of Journalism in Columbia, MO. There are sister chapters all over the state. The SWG operates as a non-profit organization under the State of Missouri with a license that is renewed bi-annually.
The goals of the Guild are simple. To promote the craft of writing we will:
- Encourage local writers in their craft.
- Provide mutual support among members.
- Encourage aspiring writers to become published writers.
- Encourage writers in the marketing of their literary material for payment.
The Guild accomplishes these purposes by emphasizing mentoring, genre interest, motivation, publishing, and writing skills.
About Sleuths’ Ink
Sleuths’ Ink began in 1996 when a group of mystery writers decided they needed a forum for their specific genre. Since its inception, the group has hosted a variety of speakers, including forensic personnel, law enforcement, criminals, forensic specialists, mystery writers and more.
Sleuths’ Ink Mystery Writers is a nonprofit organization.
About Ozarks Romance Authors
ORA was established in 1987. Today, we proudly embrace the legacy established by our founding mother, Weta Nichols, and are glad to offer an encouraging place for local authors to gather, share, and network.
Our members can be found across a multitude of genres, including mystery, mainstream, Christian romance, inspirational, YA, paranormal, sci-fi, memoirs, non-fiction and many more. Naturally, we welcome romance writers of all subgenres and heat levels. Whether you like it sweet or raunchy, you have a home at ORA.
ORA meets on the first Saturday of the month, hosting guest speakers who offer information about numerous facets of the industry. Our presenters include published authors, acquiring editors and agents, self-publishing gurus, special-interest experts, marketing specialists, and more.